Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Worship Insight

Have you ever ask the question what is worship? Some say it is singing with the worship team, or shouting Praise the Lord, and other say just to be silent before the Lord, and all of those is a form, but mostly praise. However worship is something that comes from the worth of the thing, or place and or person. I was reading a story about king David, you can fine this in II Samuel 23.
King David was down in the cave Adullam, and was being pursue on every side, he was in the enemies camp, and foreign enemies were pressing hard on him, and Davids own mad, murderous king on the other. David let out a sigh and and moan, and his men heard him say,; "what I wouldn't give for a drink of water from Bethlehem's well right now." That in itself did not seem like much to ask for right!?, Wrong, for the well at Bethlehem was in occupied territory. As the story goes, Shammah, Eleazar, and Josheb, David's warriors went out by night to give their lord water from this well, they hid themselves in the night, and brought David back this water he longed for; However when they gave this water to David, and David knew the cost of it because these men risked their lives for it, David says this is to holy for me, and pour it out as worship to the Lord, the bible calls this a precious gift, an offering unto the Lord. This was worship in action. Worship is about recognizing worth, David's warrior saw that their leader was worthy of their lives, and David recognized the worth of their sacrifice, and knew it belonged to another. You have to ask yourself, what have I worship the Lord with? As I was pondering on this, I then understood all the things I gave up in order to follow my Lord Jesus, My King, and He called it worship and a sweet smell to Him. I had just never recognized it until this morning as I went back in yester years, The devil never wanted me to know this, he wanted to keep me down by a lie, BUT GOD, revealed the truth, The false marriage, the homes, and all the stuff in my homes, and my own children for a season had to be given up in order for me to obey and follow hard after God, MY Papa God says this was worship to Him. Don't ever think when you are ask to leave a place, person, or thing for the sake of Christ is a lost, it is worship unto God, and a sweet smell, and just like Job, it shall be given back double for your trouble. We sever a loving Father, and Awesome God, who loves us so much....
Happy Reading

No comments: