Saturday, October 25, 2008

Who Do I Act Like?

I have a question?
How many of you who have ever read the bible, and got to know Jesus in a very personal way, can say He ever wavered from whom He is? Meaning Jesus is the same yesterday, today and forever, His actions toward us do not change. Right?

It has come to my attention from others about the Church, and how they see the Church, now most of the people I am specking about is "the Church"; however there have been some phone calls and complaints about the Church at large, No pointing fingers at any certain body, just the Church as a whole. The complaints are, I see so and so in the church, and he/she welcome me and say they are glad to see me, and then a day of two later I will see the same person in a store, and I hear them gossip, act rude, and even cuss...

I am writing this, because I feel we are call to be who we are in Christ Jesus at all times, if indeed that is who we are, don't get me wrong we still live in a flesh suit, however if our heart is truly changed and we are endeavoring to be like Christ, then something is wrong. And I know some people just look for excuses to not come to Church, however let the chips fall where they may.
I myself have come up against this kind of behavior, there are leaders in the Church who treat a person with all this and a bag of chips, until you do not bend their way. Then they are like ice water. This should not be, I have ask for people to keep me accountable for my action, I would not want to hurt any sheep with my actions that look like the world instead of Christ like.
Yes there is a line drawn in the sand, and every one of us have to know what that line is, and to be honest the older we become in Jesus that line become more defined.

King David wrote in Psalm 139:23-24 saying:
Search me, O God, and know my heart; Try me and know my anxious thoughts; and see if there be any hurtful way in me, and lead me in the everlasting way. "NIV”

I think all of us need a heart check up. I know I need one daily, how about you? Even when we have had a bad day, that is no reason to take it out on our families, as well the family of God, and most certainly the lost sheep, for we are truly the only bible some people read, they may pick up a bible and read it, however we as the Church act like the world, what does say to those searching for the truth, and all they get is error. Yes we will make mis-takes, and God will picks back up. I felt to get this out, because we are living is dark days, and we must allow God's Light to shine brightly so those who are lost can fine their way.
Thank you for taking the time to read, and feel to add a comment.
Happy Reading
Jacqueline Roland
Copyright @ 2008 all rights reserved

No comments: